Another thing to add to the "the crazy things I do" list
I have a natural tendency to get myself into crazy things. When I was living with my grandparents, the school was out early. I figured my grandparents would not find out so I should go out on the town. Well I was probably like 9, so going out of town was playing at friends house. My grandparents found out school was out early and I didn't come home. they thought I was kidnapped and launched a city wide search and my uncle was on his way to file a police complaint. Eventually they found out I was playing at a friends house. I got home and I could see the tension and stress in everyone's face and yet I was mad that they found out.
I could write a book of all these little stories- I was the terror of my dads eyes. Thankfully for his blood pressure's sake, I slowed down as I got older. But I cannot ignore the natural tendency I have, so every once in a while I do crazy stuff.
I was going out of town for the weekend and booked an early morning flight for 5:40 a.m. The airport is an hour away and I need to be there an hour before. So, I put my alarm for 2:45 a.m and took my time packing and went to bed at 12:00 a.m. I was super confident in my ability to get up at 2:45 because I set up three alarms in 5 minute increments. I dozed off to my dream land and was dreaming about work [topic for another day] and some random stuff. I remember my sleepy self waking up for the first alarm and turning off the other two alarms [brilliant move, I know] and closed my eyes thinking I will wake up in 5 minutes.
I wish I had superpowers but in my sleep I actually think I have superpowers. A superpower to wake up in 5 minutes. Ofcourse I don't have any superpowers and the phone rings at 5 a.m. My mom asks if I am at the airport and I scream in panic- "it's 5 and I am still home!!"
I jump off my bed get to the airport. It's the holiday weekend and the agent tells me that there are no other flight available. I break out the water works [one of my favorite things about being a girl] and the agent magically gets me a seat!! I call my panicked parents and tell them that I get a seat. They were happy and didn't really seemed shocked that this happened. I could imagine all the parents giving a lecture but mine were like it happens! May be because all my craziness has made them immune to panic!!
Now that I am on the plane, I smile when I think about what happened. It was stressful for those few hours but now I have a memory to look back to. Another memory to add to my craziness. What's the fun in life if we play eveything safe- get home everytime school ends early or never miss a flight? When we are old and telling stories to our grand kids- we will remember these events, not those where everything happened the way it was supposed to.
Hahaha classically you :P So looks like you're making a habit of posting on Fridays :P Anyways enjoy your weekend *wink wink* and you had BETTER write about your adventures sniggering and ASLing :P
ReplyDeletehaha, i know, classic me LOL..and the adventure was all about staying away from weirdos lol
DeleteI've never missed a flight *blink* infact I'm always at the airport an hour before check in :P but yes I've done a lottttttttt of crazy things otherwise :D
ReplyDeleteInvisible Smoke, I always try to be there an hour before but sometimes i get crazy :P Once i was flying to my cousin's wedding and missed the check in time so hard to carry the big suitcases through security. not fun lol
DeleteThat's what you get when you cram a whole store of VS in them things
DeleteOh crazy things, I can commiserate :)
ReplyDeleteI think we will get along :P my friends tend to be crazy, and me as well.
Wanderer, Craziness is good because we have more stories to tell!!
DeleteSo tell them :-W Waiting
DeleteThe blog outlook supports ur narration...simple and sweet :)
ReplyDelete